The food we eat is a fundamental part of enjoying life, so we take great care to ensure that the meals we serve in every Carefield community can be enjoyed in a clean and comfortable environment. As a member of Carefield's Dietary staff, you will be able to make someone's day everyday by providing the special considerations that can take a dining experience from good to great!Job Summary:
This position assists the Dining Services Department with essential and basic preparation and clean-up.
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership.
- Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or persons.
- Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other Community positions.
- Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load. Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance.
- Assist cooks as directed with preparing kitchen and food for the next day.
- Clean floors, empty trash cans, stock food supplies, wash and sanitize dishes, and clean all other parts of the work area and equipment as needed.
- Perform general cleaning of dietary department, including vents, ovens, vent hoods over ovens, and outside garbage area.
- Organize stock and make deliveries, as needed.
- Added Responsibilities
- Respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Be familiar with Northstar Senior Living Policies & Procedures Manual and Northstar Senior Living Associate Handbook.
- Be prepared to work in any area of the department.
- Act on constructive feedback by listening to supervisor(s), customers and peers and use it to improve performance.
- Maintain resident, employee, and community confidentiality.
- Respect Resident’s Rights.
- Promote positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
- Demonstrate willingness to help other staff when needed.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work well with all people particularly the elderly.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- May be required to hold valid First Aid Certification.
- Maintain mental alertness, attention, and concentration for necessary periods.
- Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions (written, oral or diagrammatic).
- Adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards.
- Regularly required to sit and talk or listen.
- Able to stand, stoop and bend frequently, lift up to 50 pounds and push up to 50 pounds. Also must have the ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands and fingers, handle/feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust the focus of the eyes.
- Possess adequate physical stamina to move freely about the Community and assist residents where needed, including in emergency situations.
The physical demands described must be met by every associate. Reasonable accommodations may be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be willing and able to work required and scheduled shifts, including evenings, weekends, overtime and holidays.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.
- Withstand heat from cooking area and cold from below-zero freezer.