Community Relations Director
Staying connected to the greater community is one of the things that defines Carefield Living. As a Community Relations Director you will be an ambassador for your community, reaching out to local businesses and organizations to build partnerships and develop connections that will help the community thrive.Job Summary:
Provide community relations and inside sales activities necessary to achieve and exceed the Community’s move-in goals to continuously maximize occupancy. This includes coordinating all marking plan events, maintaining public relations, community networking including outreach and recognizing responsibility for budgetary guidelines.
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership.
- Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or persons.
- Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other Community positions.
- Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load. Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance.
- Give Community tours and explain the services that are provided. Communicate effectively during explanations of deposit agreements, leases, etc., to prospective Residents.
- Coordinate move-in of new Residents according to inquiry in move-in procedure.
- Assist Residents and families with making decisions and provide appropriate referral sources.
- Monitor market quarterly using competitive study.
- Work effectively with department heads to explain and set up available services.
- Supervise staff when applicable and necessary. Provide training to appropriate staff on tours, customer service, phone etiquette, and other marketing related programs; provide informal and formal performance feedback, recognize both appropriate and inappropriate behaviors/performances through rewards and discipline, and apportion work among subordinates.
- Coordinate and carryout marketing/community outreach programs to meet predetermined goals and standards as outlined in Marketing Manual.
- Compose press releases to be approved by RSMD.
- Participate in analysis of the marketplace and formulation of a written strategic marketing plan with the assistance of the RSMD and ED.
- Implement marketing management system, move-in schedules, and statistical data through the use of tracking systems. Track all prospects using guest registration and lead tracking program.
- Order advertising using outline in Marketing Manual.
- Monitor set up and appearance of mode, guest and respite apartments and maintain a professional CRD office.
- Attend staff and leadership team meetings and stand-ups.
- Maintain punctual attendance.
- Maintain Community in attractive manner as outlined in marketing audit.
- Maintain active presence in sales territory as determined by ED and RSMD.
- Educate community members on Community resources and recruit for Community tours.
- Review Rent Roll daily.
- Added Responsibilities
- Respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Participate in New Hire Orientation program and other regular associate meetings or functions.
- Assist Executive Director with special projects and special Community events.
- Be familiar with Carefield Living/ Northstar Senior Living Policies & Procedures Manual and Associate Handbook.
- Act on constructive feedback by listening to supervisor(s), customers and peers and use it to improve performance.
- Maintain resident, employee, and community confidentiality.
- Respect Resident’s Rights.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work well with all people, particularly the elderly.
- Promote positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
- Demonstrate willingness to help other staff whenever needed.
- Comply with deadlines as outlined by ED and RSMD.
- Turn in commission report monthly.
- Work within approved budget.
- Operate within all policies and procedures.
- Know base rates and care costs and determine changes as necessary.
- Understand processes, reports and tools available in marketing manual.
- Meet or exceed standards for maintaining database in lead tracking program.
- Meet or exceed standards for inquiries, tours and deposits.
- Maintain census goals.
This position requires and A.A. degree or higher in marketing, business communications, or a related field (experience may be substituted for the degree requirement) with marketing experience with direct client contact and sales of service. Employee must maintain networking skills, computer proficiency of Microsoft Excel and Word, knowledge and understanding of the needs of senior citizens and the ability to relate positively and effectively. Must be able to work well with others, have problem-solving skills, a valid driver’s license and transportation means for work related projects.
- Maintain mental alertness, attention, and concentration for necessary periods.
- Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions (written, oral or diagrammatic).
- Adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards.
- Regularly required to sit and talk or listen.
- Able to stand, stoop and bend frequently, lift up to 20 pounds and push up to 40 pounds. Also must have the ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands and fingers, handle/feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust the focus of the eyes.
- Additionally, this position must be physically able to escort people through the Community, including those requiring a wheelchair.
- Possess adequate physical stamina to move freely about the Community and assist residents where needed, including in emergency situations.
The physical demands described must be met by every associate. Reasonable accommodations may be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be willing and able to work required and scheduled shifts, including evenings, weekends, overtime and holidays.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.