Housekeeper - FT
This position maintains cleanliness, presentation and sanitary conditions of common rooms, resident rooms, and resident laundry as assigned on a daily basis.
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership.
- Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or persons.
- Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other Community positions.
- Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load. Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance.
- Operate commercial washer and dryer and other cleaning equipment normally associated with position.
- Stock laundry and cleaning cart with supplies. Maintain clean laundry room and keep chemicals in orderly fashion.
- Fold linens and resident clothing articles. Follow laundering procedures.
- Change resident bedding.
- Identify resident linen by labeling unit number on nametags.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize common areas, common restrooms, and residents’ rooms and bathrooms.
- Respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
- Be familiar with Carefield Living and Northstar Senior Living Policies & Procedures Manual and Associate Handbook.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Be prepared to work in any area of the department.
- Act on constructive feedback by listening to supervisor(s), customers and peers and use it to improve performance.
- Maintain resident, employee, and community confidentiality.
- Respect Resident’s Rights.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work well with all people, particularly the elderly.
- Promote positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
- Demonstrate willingness to help other staff whenever needed.
- Follow task sheet procedures.
- This position requires one year experience in residential or hotel housekeeping or laundry.
- Ability to read labels and instructions for all chemicals used in the Community and able to use them safely and properly.
- Ability to understand and take oral and written direction.
- May be required to hold valid First Aid Certification.
- Maintain mental alertness, attention, and concentration for necessary periods.
- Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions (written, oral or diagrammatic).
- Adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards.
- Regularly required to sit and talk or listen.
- Able to stand, stoop and bend and reach into small areas frequently, lift up to 50 pounds and push up to 50 pounds. Also must have the ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands and fingers, handle/feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust the focus of the eyes.
- Possess adequate physical stamina to move freely about the Community and assist residents where needed, including in emergency situations.
The physical demands described must be met by every associate. Reasonable accommodations may be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be willing and able to work required and scheduled shifts, including evenings, weekends, overtime and holidays.
- May work in wet or slippery conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.