Receptionist/ Concierge - Evenings and Weekends
A warm greeting, a friendly voice on the phone, and a great first impression can make all the difference, which is why we at Carefield see our receptionist position as one of our most vital. You will have the opportunity to share with every visitor and caller the hospitality culture that Carefield is founded on, while keeping a finger on the pulse our community to keep things feeling active and engaging.
This customer service centered position operates as the telephone, communication, information and referral center for all residents, staff and departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication.
- Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families, fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or persons.
- Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by understanding how this position affects and compliments all other Community positions.
- Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load. Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance and punctuality within specified tolerance.
- Answer phones, take message and transfer calls.
- Greet and receive guests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Answer residents’ needs and requests.
- Maintain a daily resident log and resident emergency information.
- Assist with weekly packet.
- Answer emergency responder and fire alarm systems and take appropriate emergency steps.
- Schedule residents’ doctor appointments and activities.
- Make copies.
- Provide information to bookkeeping for billing.
- Give directions and disseminate information as directed.
- Distribute written communiqués.
- Accept and sign for deliveries (mail, prescriptions, etc.).
- Coordinate guest room reservations.
- Respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- May accept money for store purchase, meal tickets, etc.
- Be familiar with Carefield Living and Northstar Senior Living Policies & Procedures Manual and Associate Handbook.
- Act on constructive feedback by listening to supervisor(s), customers and peers and use it to improve performance.
- Maintain resident, employee, and community confidentiality.
- Respect Resident’s Rights.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work well with all people, particularly the elderly.
- Promote positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
- Demonstrate willingness to help other staff whenever needed.
- Follow all front desk policies concerning tracking of residents.
- Be familiar with how to use a telephone, copy machine, fax machine, and all other office equipment associated with this position.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English, as well as follow directions (written and oral).
- Possess basic computer skills, including knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Be able to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Requires a high school diploma and a good work history in a similar position.
- May be required to hold valid First Aid Certification.
- Maintain mental alertness, attention, and concentration for necessary periods.
- Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions (written, oral or diagrammatic).
- Adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time and talk or listen.
- Able to stand, stoop and bend frequently, lift up to 20 pounds and push up to 40 pounds. Also must have the ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands and fingers, handle/feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust the focus of the eyes.
- Possess adequate physical stamina to move freely about the Community and assist residents where needed, including in emergency situations.
- The physical demands described must be met by every associate. Reasonable accommodations may be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be willing and able to work required and scheduled shifts, including evenings, weekends, overtime and holidays.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.